Monday, August 25, 2008

OH the Irony!

Took the kids to my parent's for a kid-free weekend. I managed to pack up the kids specialty foods, T-man's meds, 3 Sock Monkeys (yeah, I said 3, it woulda been 4 if we hadn't used the weekend away to retire one of them. He is in Sock Monkey Heaven now) bathing suits, video games, packed clothes in entire outfit groups (shirt, socks, undies, shorts) and in chronological order so all Grandma had to do was pull a set out of the bag, and all the usual stuff that kids travel with. I spent over 2 hours listening to and answering T-man's questions about life. "Why does Scooby-Doo keep running into ghosts?" (so they can keep making quality cartoons)"What are you and Daddy going to do without us for two days?" (Play with your LEGOs without permission)"Why do those people look like they are from the olden days?" (They are Amish) I get to my parents' and wait for over an hour for them to come home ("we'll be home by 3:30") and drive over 2 hours home. Sunday morning rolls around. We are on our way to meet Sgt. Grumpypants' parents at church to hear the pastor that married us guest preach(11 oh-so-happy years folks!!). It is then and only then that I realize that I forgot to leave the carseats with my parents (who, coincidently, didn't realize it either, so no real crisis there) We have to turn around and drive an ENTIRE 8 MILES back home. This makes us ON TIME for church, instead of the usual 20 minutes early Sgt. Grumpypants likes to be (eek!) But, it does mean that we can't stay for brunch because we need to get to my parents so they can go to a church picnic. Sgt. Grumpypants is so upset that he hardly speaks to me for the entire day. (It was explained to me later that he thought silence was better than yelling, after all, I shouldn't be forgetting something like car seats, How hard is it to remember car seats? If you leave a kid, you leave a car seat.)Monday morning comes. Sgt. Grumpypants leaves for work. Guess what Sgt. Grumpypants forgot to get out of his truck before he left? He, he, he, he.

No comments:

Post a Comment